Advantages and Options
- Post burial will be a minimum of 6′ deep with the option to go deeper with pressure treated foundation system.
- Redicrete and rebar at bottom of each post to create a better bottom bearing and uplift system.
- All lumber is #2 kiln dried or better.
- Each joint made in a post weakens the strength of a post. Olympic uses full length post plies whenever possible with only one splice per ply on pressure treated foundation system buildings.
- Flush framed walls allow you to insulate part or all of the building in the future without having to strap interior of posts, eliminating cost of additional lumber and labour to install. Insulation will not sag when supported by individual girts. (The flush girts with metal girt clips installed between posts is also a stronger building system than strapped walls).
- All wall girts and roof purlins are pre-cut to save construction time.
- Rodents cannot run down top edge of wall strapping to gain access into other parts of building once insulated.
- Four carriage bolts or RSS structural screws to fasten each truss to post for strong connection.
- Olympic buildings are designed with continuous eave ventilation which eliminates gable vents and is very important to bring fresh air into the building to help prevent condensation from forming on underside of roof cladding. This vented area is also protected with a filter to stop insects and snow from getting through.
- Flush framing of 2×4 roof purlins on edge vs. 2×4 or 2×6 strapping on flat results in less deflection when roof experiences load.
- Our truss heel is a minimum of 10” vs. 6” or 8”, giving you more room to put a greater amount of insulation on top of wall (R-28 vs. R-12). On any building this is the greatest area of heat loss other than open doors and windows.
- Base trim at bottom of wall sheets come with foam enclosures between sheets and base trim on uninsulated buildings.
- Centre door guide on double sliding doors.
- Continuous ridge and eave ventiliation standard.
- Construction insurance on erected packages is always included. You can be assured that should anything go wrong during construction, you’ll have our insurance to cover that cost with no deductible.
- No painting of exterior door / window jambs as PVC or metal clad doors and windows are normally used. Commercial buildings require steel outswing doors that come in a primer finish (painting by owner required unless otherwise quoted).
- Windows have full PVC jambs, even if building isn’t being insulated, eliminating any need to have to put on future jamb extensions.
- Overhead door 2×6 track mount, spring pads and operator pads are covered with white metal flashing when interior package is purchased. This option can be purchased on shell packages as well to allow for future interior finishing.